|Version 3 (modified by mastermanl, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Curriculum and Learning Outcomes
What is the source of the curriculum for this learning session? (A brief note only: e.g. a URL or reference to a document on your own computer or network)
Aims and objectives of this learning session
Aims: General statements about what you want students to learn.
Objectives: What students will do in order to achieve those aims.
There's an interesting guide to writing aims and objectives by Richard James of the University of Melbourne. However, you might also find it helpful if you're not writing a plan for students in other sectors.
Intended learning outcomes
START HERE NEXT: Not quite the same things as aims, learning outcomes... Links to/from activity sequences, activities, learner characteristics
Link to/from learners, activities, activity sequences
Are there any prerequisites in terms of:
- Skills and competencies that the students should/must have before this session?
- Explicit preparation for this session: e.g. reading a book chapter, doing some research?
At what point do you need to inform the students of these prerequisites?
Material from TALL specification
- What are the assessment criteria for this session?
- What methods of assessment are you going to use?
Links to/from assessment activities
- Do you need to make provision for recording students' progress and achievement?
OLD MATERIAL FROM HERE:
>> Curriculum, Learning outcomes and other curriculum aspects
- Aims/objectives? (see TALL specifications)
- Intended learning outcomes? (are these the same?) (NB some
plans divide these into "must/should/could" -- i.e. "required/desirable/useful"?) As a
single page with page outline or as separate pages?
- Acquisition of knowledge
- Specific skills (cognitive and/or psychomotor)
- Social/collaborative skills
- How each outcome maps to one or more of the aims
- Assessment criteria?
- Method of assessment? -- links to activities and/or tools?
- Plan for recording the progress and achievement of individual learners (RARPA -- ACL
only? See PG i/v)
- Reading or other preparation? required before the session (incl.