Formal Outputs from the Phoebe Project
The numerous outputs of the Phoebe project are listed below. As the Design for Learning programme, and with it the community’s understanding of its requirements, has progressed, the project has generated additional outputs to those envisaged in the plan.
- The prototype pedagogy planning tool
- Phoebe briefing document
- Links to resources created by other Design for Learning projects: e.g. practice models, learning designs, case studies. Where available and appropriate these have been linked to in the Phoebe guidance http://phoebe-app.conted.ox.ac.uk/browseGuidance.php
- User guides:
- "Getting Started with Phoebe" guide http://phoebe-app.conted.ox.ac.uk/help/ and PDF document
- Exploring Phoebe: suggested activities for participants at the Strategic Review meeting 4th March 2008 (2-page handout; requires the main Getting Started guide as well)
- "Getting Started" guide with activities: combined document created for participants in the remote evaluation (we recommend this if you are trying out Phoebe on your own)
- A set of 8 scenarios illustrating different contexts in which Phoebe might be used
- Evaluation report (Revised version: 1st September 2008)
- Formative documentation relating to the evaluation: evaluation plans for Phases 1 and 2, evaluation report for Phase 1
- Description of our work with practitioner informants in Phase 1. Note that the following documents relating to the interviews are not available online, although they can be provided on request:
- Interview transcripts
- Eight scenarios of practice, developed from the transcripts in order to build an understanding of representative contexts in which the tool might be used.
- Phoebe within the Design for Learning programme: how we have a) mapped Phoebe to the overall aims of the JISC Design for Learning programme and a) addressed the evaluation questions put forward by Glenaffric (evaluators of the D4L programme)
- Requirements specification
- Functional specifications for Phases 1 and 2
- Source code and technical documentation
- Roadmap generated from the issue tracking system
- Development map, outlining Phoebe’s current, short term, and long term development options
- Presentations delivered throughout the project
- A social bookmark site on del.ici.ous: http://del.icio.us/oxphoebe. Here we are collecting examples of learning designs, information tools and other resources on which we have drawn for the content of Phoebe, as well as relevant research literature on learning design and design for learning. This site is also accessible within the Phoebe tool itself.
- Project plan, interim reports and other documentation required by JISC
Note: All the outputs of the project are currently made available through a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence. The project team is closely monitoring the work of the JISC funded Web2Rights project and may review this decision if it becomes apparent that an alternative licence is more appropriate.