|Version 52 (modified by mastermanl, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Welcome to the Phoebe project
A practitioner-focused environment to support design for learning
The Phoebe project aims to guide practitioners working in post-compulsory learning (FE, HE and ACL) in designing effective and pedagogically sound learning activities. To realise this aim, the project team proposes to:
- Develop a prototype online planning tool that will offer users both flexible and guided paths through the planning process and enable them to access a wide range of models, research findings and examples of innovative learning designs, intended to encourage them to explore new approaches and tools in their pedagogy;
- User-test the planning tool for functionality and usability; and
- Investigate the feasibility of further development and the integration of the planning tool into pedagogic practice by embedding use of the planning tool into a specific context for piloting and evaluation: namely, initial practitioner training and/or continuing professional development.
Key themes of the project:
- Encouraging practitioners to think about their practice in a structured way.
- Exploring the community dimension of using learning design, with recommendations for the sustainability of learning designs as a community artefact.
For more information on different aspects of the project, please follow the links below:
- About the Project
- Content Development
- Technical Development
- Practitioner-Focused Design and Evaluation
Most recent news is first.
- 25/08/06: Marion will be taking part in a symposium with other projects in the D4L programme at the ALT 2006 conference in Edinburgh on 6th September.
- 25/08/06: The revised evaluation plan is now available -- and has since been updated again (05/09/06).
- 11/08/06: We had a very productive meeting with the evaluation team from Glenaffric and have since (04/09/06)received their excellent and stimulating report. An inter-project meeting with Mod4L and the London Knowledge Lab planner project has been proposed for 27th October.
- 09/08/06: The initial interviews with PIs are now complete, and a wealth of varied data has been collected. Thank you to all the practitioners who have given their time to the project so far.
- We have also made progress identifying an existing open-source tool on which to base Phoebe. Still under wraps, but we can say that it's a wiki.
- 11/07/06 UI design is underway - see our initial mock-ups
- The functional spec is being developed - see our latest thinking in TechnicalDevelopment
- Content structure is being developed - look at ContentDevelopment for more information
For further information about the project, please contact:
- Marion Manton – project management
- Liz Masterman – research, content, development methodology and evaluation
- David White – technical issues
This project page runs on the Trac enhanced wiki and issue tracking system.